For 9 years we have been offering Art Summer Camps in Spanish, and this year is no exception. This 2020 they will be remote, via Zoom, live.
New projects, games and surprises in each camp! The little ones (6 to 12 years *) will enjoy a different experience from home, learning , exploring , having fun safely and creating pieces of art in various techniques.
These online camps are offered in Spanish, however, if the child does not speak or understand Spanish yet we will be bilingual while trying every time with Spanish so we help gradually grow the child’s understanding, practicing and speaking of Spanish.
The dates and topics of the camps are as follows:
- Week 1 (August 3 to 7): Explore nature with art
- Have fun and learn while making projects about animals 🦒🐢🐬🦧 , flowers 🌸 , plants 🌱 , planets 🪐 and ecosystems. We will sculpt using modeling clay, paint a landscape, talk about the importance of snakes and their colors while painting our very own wooden snake 🐍, we will decorate bracelets (slap bracelets) with nature motifs and paint our own puzzle 🧩 pieces.
- Week 2 (August 10 to 14): Travel around the world and time through art
- Let’s embark with different projects and materials! we will make a traveller puppet friend, paint a sunset 🌅 on a beach 🏝, , visit a Chinese pinwheel and kite festival and make our own pinwheel, create our own scratch paper and draw Egyptian hieroglyphs, paint a wooden rhythm box while taking about music and rhythm from different world 🌎 cultures.
- Week 3 (August 17 to 21): Let your imagination run wild with art **:
- At this camp we will create characters, their stories and adventures. We’ll decorate our own paper mask 🎭 … what do you like? which are your favorite colors 🎨 ? how do you see yourself? We are also painting a picture 🖼 using modeling clay, will create a puzzle 🧩 image while playing our favorite “an image a story” game, we will do a colorful and original mask
- Week 4 (August 24-28): Paint, create and learn about great artists **
- Learn about Van Gogh and paint a sun flower 🌻 with modeling clay, learn about Joan Miró and make a puzzle 🧩 inspired by his work, create your own scratch paper and draw a bull 🐮 or another animal in the style of Pablo Picasso, paint 🎨 a door hanger inspired by the work of Keith Haring or Romero Britto.
- Select the summer camp of your interest
- Pay by PayPal or Venmo*** $195 dlls (this price includes a kit for all required materials for the camp you chose)
- Pick up the Kit at Artestudio ( 2101 S1st. Suite D, Austin, TX 78704 ) a few days prior to the camp starting (by appointment only)
- For people living far from the studio we can send the kit to your address via currier 5 days in advance, the shipping cost will be paid by the parents in addition to the camp cost.
- Connect via a link to Zoom Monday through Friday at 10:00 am**.
- Children must have a table for working, a tablet or computer with internet access at home to connect with the Zoom app and follow the activities live with the Art Teacher.
- The camps duration is one week, from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. (the length of the class varies depending on the project, sometimes we need a little more time and that’s why it will end) at 11:30 am) **. (If school classes resume, the last two weeks of August; Camps will go from 4:30 pm to 5:45 pm or 6:00 pm depending on the project)
** If regular school classes are resumed by this date, we will move the camp start time at 4:30 pm
*** Venmo payment available using a smart phone web browser only.
The camps are aimed at girls and boys from 6 to 12 years old, however there is some wiggle room when it comes to ages, please contact us when in doubt.
The camp includes:
Online instruction access via zoom to the art camp (We send Zoom access to your email or by text message) and a kit of art supplies for the week, this kit may vary depending on the theme and the activities/materials of each camp.
More information, questions or comments:
512 415 9376 * firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your trust and preference year after year!
Thank you so much!